Friday, August 17, 2007

Ad Booklet for Octrolleyfest and what's brewing at D&S!

As in years past we are doing an add booklet as a fund raiser for the Octrolleyfest.

You can buy a full 5x8 page- $40, half page 5x4- $20 or just a line -$10(up to 36 characters)

Please send your ad to Octrolleyfest by the 9/15/07 deadline! It will be read by thousands!

This booklet is our primary find raiser for the events we hold every year, please be kind and help support Octrollyfest!

Whats Brewing at D&S?

This weekend will be a big one, I am hoping to get in 3 batches and try doing 2 wines!

First brew will be the Hop Hammer. HH was an blue ribbon award winner at the Buzz Off in June, I am hoping to duplicate it for the Masters competition in February! The Hop Hammer will have 13 pounds of Pilsner malt, 8 oz of hops (4 simcoe and 4 columbus scattered thru 120 minutes of brewing) 6oz of bourbon soaked french oak , and the 099 high gravity yeast!
I am entering the last 2 bottles of the January batch into the Malt Madness competition

Next is the Frozen Tundra Cream Ale, this is a variation of the Mannion Cream Ale with a little more hops (.25 n brewers, .5 cascade and .5 warrior) it's base is 4lbs of ultra light malt and 1lb of dried rice. A fine session beer at a 5% alcohol volume! The official beer of The Dukes of Earl's Frozen Tundra Tailgate! Held this year in the Dragon's Lair Underdeck!

Then we are doing a D&S classic, the original recipe of Bossong's Bitter! Our Christmas favorite. I brew this every year to give out to friends at Christmas. It has 6 lb ultralight and .5lb lite dme, .5 carastan crushed grain, 2 oz of kent golding hops and good ole california yeast! This is what I call my house beer that I love to have on tap for visitors!

I got 2 wine kits form a friend, Cherry and Apple. Heck I'll give it a try, they are gallon kits.

Malt Madness

I am entering 3 brews in the Malt Madness competition to be held 9/8 in Allentown. I am sending the Hop Hammer Imperial IPA, Mjolinor Honey Pale Ale, and Mad Darbarian IPA . I am competiting against my self in with all the IPA's but that's what I brew best!

Currently on Tap
St Ansgar Belgian Dubble, and Mad Darbarian IPA

Darby Devil and Something Brown are just kegged and will be tapped sometime next week!
To access all my recipies click here !

Fermenting -Bumbles Porter and Hop Hammer

Slainte Laddie!